Yet another first, the Enhanced Castle Nut and Extended End plate combo represent SI dedication to thinking outside the box. The SI Enhanced ECN and EEP stand out from the generic parts kit units in both aesthetics and function. The steel castle nut has been lengthened to match the extended end plate, supporting more of the receiver extension’s threaded area, and improving aesthetics. The extended end plate features a Quick Detach sling swivel mount, pushed back away from the webbing of the primary hand. This allows weapons manipulations in tight spaces and under stress, without the startling pain that can result from a pinched hand when using a sling attached to a standard, flat QD end plate.
Required Tools: The castle nut was meant to be installed using an adjustable or fixed spanner wrench. A traditional Ar multitool or wrench can work but may cause damage to the castle nut.
Note: Due to dimensional tolerances between some manufacturer's receiver extension collar lengths and differing amount of true threads on various buffer tubes, some may experience difficulties installing. Please contact email@example.com for a replacement castle nut if you cannot install.
- 1x Enhanced Castle Nut
- 1x Enhanced End Plate
- 1x Set Screw
- Aesthetic upgrade
- Centrally placed QD for right or left hand sling use
- Easy drop in installation
- Simplified installation of takedown pin and detent via set screw.
- Compared to a standard castle nut and end plate, the fully collapsed position, with most stocks, is eliminated in order to create proper clearance for the QD socket.
- First position will be lost
- Recommended torque value 40 inch pounds
- Weight: 1.87 oz.